Wednesday 9 November 2011

GETTING STARTED FOR CHRISTMAS

.
Hi All

Can you believe how quickly the time comes around to start making your annual bundle of Christmas Cards!?  It feel like such a short time ago that I made up last years batch and yet here it is again.

I've started this year with a small handful I will be giving to close friends and my sisters this year.  I have yet to decide what I am going to do for all the others that I'll be sending - brain just doesn't want to admit it needs to get cracking and come up with something!

As our dog Dylan is such a massive part of our life, he has pride of place this year....



My computer actually did all the work here.  I typed up the slogan and printed these out.  I chose a picture of Dylan from my stash that I really liked and changed it to black and white and then made his nose red using Photoshop. 

I punched out the base snowflake using some glittered  paper and a die from PTI and the silver snow flake using a Martha Stewart punch and mounted it on top of the other, added a few gems and some ribbon and these were ready.  So quick and easy to make.  I have 15 more to do and then I really must try to come with something for the general card for this year.



I have a ton of fonts loaded onto my computer, mainly for my scrapbooking pages.  I have found the vast majority of them from FONTS.com which is a free site and they have absolutely loads of great fonts to chose from.  They also come in pretty handy to make up sentiments when I don't have the right stamp for the job.  The toughest thing for me is deciding which one I want to use!  The font I chose for these is called 'Latchboy'.


I have made up a few plain background ones and a few patterned ones so far.  I wanted to add some antlers to him but I could not find anything I liked the look of so in the end left him with just the nose!


Take care all.  Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment