Saturday 18 June 2011

DAUGHTER - ON YOUR WEDDING DAY

Today has been spent making up a little sending off gift for my friends to give to their daughter on the morning of her wedding.  Rather than just do a card which would end up in a box in the cupboard somewhere and looked at once in a blue moon, I thought I'd make a pretty box that could be kept on display on her dressing table all the time.  A constant reminder for her of her day.




This was made using several paper designs from various companies that I liked the look of all together. They are from DCWV, PTI and K&Co mostly.  The ribbons are all from a supplier I use online.



I found the hat pin online also and fell in love with it.  I've had it for quite a while just waiting for the right thing to use it on and was the basis for the colours I've used for the rest of box.



For the edges of the lid I used some PTI cardstock and punched the design with a Martha Stewart punch which was one of many recent purchases from QVC and this is the first time I've used.  I thought it added a really delicate finishing touch overlaid on the glittered cardstock.


I didn't have an double sided cardstock I like so used some linen effect DCWV cardstock for the base and lined it with some gorgeous shimmery paper from K&Co.


The little gift inside is a poem I found which was perfect for this.  I printed it off on some shimmery white cardstock and stamped a design around the edges.  Once rolled, just tied with some matching blue ribbon and popped it inside.




The poem on it is as follows:-

Today dear daughter, as you walk down the aisle
You'll see all the faces wearing a smile.
But as we remember those young tender years
Our smiles will conceal a few hidden tears.
It isn't through sadness , our emotions just whirl
As we're both thinking back to our dear little girl
And now you have grown and made us so proud
As you smile for the camera and the rest of the crowd
Remember dear (name) as you become a new wife
You're still very much a part of our life!
We're not losing a daughter, we are gaining a son,
You're new lives as husband and wife have begun
So be blissfully happy and enjoy your 'Big Day'
Have a wonderful marriage with a rose strewn way!

I thought it was lovely and said it all really!  They do no know that I've made this for them yet but I know for sure that they will love it.
 
Now if you're interested, the stuff I've used for this is as follows:
 
Box base:  Outer - DCWV The Linen Closet Stack.  Inner - K&Co 'Elegence' Shimmer Paper
Box lid:  DCWV The Line Closet Stack.  Decorative Trim: PTI Aqua Mist cardstock cut with Martha Stewart edge punch
Tag:  American Traditional Designs 'Vine Heart Ornament' stencil.  Rubbed with some blue chalk from Pebbles Inc.
Other:  Ribbons, flowers, hat pin - all from various online suppliers.
Stamps & Inks Used:  Year of Flower : Violet  and Turning a New Leaf, both from PTI.  Inks were Aspen Mist & Wheat, both Tsukineko VersaMagic and VersaMark Watermark ink, again from Tsukineko 
Finished Box Size:   4.5cm D x 5.5 cm H x 16.5 cm L
 
That's it for today.  Have a good one, as always.
Hugs
Zoe x x

No comments:

Post a Comment