Wednesday 20 October 2010

SPOOKY TREATS

As Halloween will soon be here, my coffins are on the rise again. I made a load of these last year and they went down really well so I made more this year but this time I wanted to make them feel at home, so I made up a little cemetery for them all to sit in. Cute eh!

I know its not the best in the world and if I’d had a bit more time, I’d have made a bit more effort on the grass and the fencing but overall, I thinks it’s pretty cool!

I cut up the lid of a copier paper box I got from work and slopped the sides a bit so it was taller at the back and lower at the front. I trimmed up the grass in two shades of green with scissors and stuck this to the outside of the box.  I found some great free clipart online of the ghostly house, the headstone and Dracula and printed them on to some heavy weight cardstock. I filled the box with shredded black tissue paper and cut out my clipart images and stuck them in place. The fence was made using some white cardstock cut into strips and them I used a fleur de leis punch on one end to make the finials. I should have inked the edges and made some of them a bit crooked but it was all together before I thought of that so its was too late!


The only thing I really am not happy with is the cemetery sign, I am going to change that and put something a bit more scary looking there. 

The coffins where made up from a template from Martha Stewart and I stamped images on the outside using a set from PTI.  I glittered the cobwebs with some silver stickles but these don't really show up on the pics.  I used some PTI patterned papers to cover the inside of the lid.

These are dead easy to make and I whipped this lot up in under an hour.  The cemetery took a bit longer!  Martha Stewart has some fab templates on her website and they are all free so check it out.

The clipart I blew up, printed and cut out then added a bit of glitter here and there, Dracula's eyes and teeth and the eye's in the windows of the house.



If you want the template for these, they are here  http://www.marthastewart.com/article/coffin-treat-box.
There are two links on the page, one for the lid and one for the base plus instructions.
The grass edging I inked up a bit which isn't really clear in the photograph but it looks good.  I've also made some other Halloween bits which aren't finished yet but will post once done.

I've filled them all with some chocolate pumpkins, ghosts, witches fingers and dracula teeth and a couple of nice juicy eyeballs!  There are lot more in here than it looks.



I wish this was as popular when I was young as its getting now.  I loved the dressing up bit far more than knocking on doors hoping for some treats.  I used to make up all my own costumes and my sister's, we had a real laugh using all mum's make up - don't think mum was too impressed with that mind you!

Hope you all have a great Halloween with the kiddies and eat lots and lots and LOTS of chocolate girls, I know I will!
Hugs
Zoe x

1 comment:

  1. How delightful is your blog Zoe?!! Firstly, this Halloween project is AMAZING :D I love that wedding pic - so romantic! Your 3D projects are so original & as always your cards are right up my street....think I've covered everything....for now lol Hope you're well hun xxx

    ReplyDelete