Saturday 21 August 2010

ALL BOXED UP

A guy I work with asked me to make up a birthday card for his girlfriend who was turning 17.  I decided on a box card for this and based it on a similar design to one I made before.  I made four tags for this one though so that he could put his own greeting on one of them, a photo of them together on another, I put a little verse on the third and left one blank for her to fill in with memories of the day.


The card box all closed up.


One of the tags with a verse on it.


The little birthday cake tier, with candle no less!



He loved it, hope she did too!

The cardstock I used was from DCWV's The Luxury Stack which is beautiful quality, solid patterned card, all pearlized and metallic.  Unfortunately the pics do not really show this up too well.  The top of the box was created on my computer along with the banner in front of the tier cake inside the box, with a stamped image for the cake which I coloured with Copics. 

The candle is simply a tightly rolled piece of paper with a piece of yellow tissue paper inserted in the top to which I make a few strokes of orange with my Copic.  I make a small hole in the top tier of the cake and poked the candle through and fixed at the base with double sided tape so it didn't move around or fall out.

Thanks again for popping along to check on what I've been up to.  Hope you are enjoying your day!

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment