Saturday 10 July 2010

I LOVE A BARGAIN


I always used to spend a small fortune on flower embellishments and then stopped buying them because they were so expensive if you wanted good quality ones.  I was out shopping at the garden centre one day I saw a display of artificial flowers and one of them had a stem with loads of flowers on it, all multi layered.  I suddenly thought, that one stem would cost me £2.80 but I could get loads of flowers from it.  I bought a bunch of them and then when I got home, pulled all the flowers off the stem and separated the flower layers out.  I ended up with nearly 100 flowers from each stem that I bought so all told, hundreds of them in different sizes... brilliant and a great bargain.  This card is made using two different types of these flowers from those stems.

I used Berry Sorbet card stock for the base of the card.  I stamped with this a leaf design and punched a white piece and attached it to the base.  Stamped my sentiment and them wrapped some twine around the white section and tied in a bow.

I selected two black flowers and a two smaller red flowers and fixed with a pretty little brad to the card.  I am really pleased with this and it cost virtually nothing to make.

I bought a stem of white flowers which are great on their own, but if you want them a certain colour you can always rub your ink pad over them to match your card stock or stamp a design over them to make them patterned.  Possibilities are endless.

RECIPE: Card stock, leaf stamp, sentiment and twine - all PTI.  Flowers - my own little bargain buy!

Have a great day.

Zoe

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea & that flower does make a fabulous statement on this super stylish card - I particularly love the twine detail :) xxx

    ReplyDelete